Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
At Scotiabank, we want you to feel confident that your accounts and identity are well protected.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA):
- Is an extra layer of security, which ensures that only you can access your bank accounts
- Is FREE and a simple way to help prevent unauthorised account access and identity theft
- Confirms your identity before account access is granted
- Takes approximately five minutes to set up
- Does not replace or change your current card number or password; they will stay the same unless you choose to change them
When you enrol in MFA, you will select five secret Authentication Questions and submit answers to them. When you log in we will check the computer you are using to access our Internet Banking System. MFA remembers which computer you normally use, giving you additional protection against unauthorised individuals logging into your accounts.
For more information on MFA please visit our Security FAQ section.
If you need assistance or have any questions about MFA, contact us.