How to Apply
To Apply for a Scotiabank account, you’ll need visit your local Scotiabank branch and bring the following items with you:
One primary document and one secondary document.
1. Primary document:
- Unexpired Passport –OR – Passport Card (US)
2. Secondary document:
- Driver's License
- National identification or Voter's card
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Work Permit
3. Proof of address, such as:
- Utility bill
- Bank account statement
- Copy of lease or letter from landlord
If you are a non-resident customer, a reference letter or a current account statement from a reputable bank is required.
4. The account Application Form [PDF: 614 Kb]
Also, be sure to read our Personal Financial Services Agreement [PDF 360 kb] for all the details on having an account with Scotiabank.